Focus on securing safety of employees and the logistic chain
Eimskip Group has taken various prevention steps to reduce risk and maintain service due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Employees are very aware of the Company’s role as an important infrastructure company in its core markets in the North Atlantic.
The main objectives of the measurements are to secure safety of employees and maintain the logistic chain and good customer service.
Special emphasis has been on active communication to employees regarding what measures the Company is taking at any given time which enables them to communicate information to customers.
VARIOUS MEASURES HAVE BEEN TAKEN
- Separation between business-critical groups of employees
- Strict restrictions regarding visitors on Eimskip’s premises
- Certain employee groups will work from home were practically possible
- Increased cleaning and sanitation of the Company‘s premises, machinery and equipment as well as when between shifts.
- Employee travelling has been significantly reduced and usage of online conferences and digital communication and equipment increased. Both between countries and locally
- Strict rules for Eimskip’s vessel crews to maintain the services of the sailing system
- Increased emphasis on container management to secure availability of containers and equipment
- Active dialog with suppliers and service providers in the logistic chain
The objective of the measures that have been taken including but not limited to, are meant to ensure that the Company can maintain its extensive service towards customers and secure reliability as much as possible.
Eimskip monitors this fast-changing situation carefully and is both taking proactive measures as well as reacting to circumstances at any given time that may potentially affect services.